Saturday 16 February 2013

Countdown Begins

Time is going by so quickly, I can't believe how a few short weeks ago we were just going about our daily grind. We now have sold our house, bought another in Wongan Hills and I will soon be finishing work, all happened in just 3 short weeks. The culling of excess to requirements (that sounds better than, getting rid of junk), doesn't it, has begun. A kerbside pickup by our local council was timed perfectly for us. It enabled us to leave out bulky goods from the sheds without us having to cart them to the rubbish dump. I have quite a bit already packed in boxes, this week I will some quotes for the removal van. So, the countdown begins, 5 weeks till settlement of this house and our next one. 4weeks and I will finish work. When I returned home on Wednesday , after handing in my notice, there was a letter waiting for me, congratulating me on achieving 10 years of service and that an award was to be made in due course. I felt like a real traitor after that, no wonder I took the manager by complete surprise, seeing as she had sent the letter the day before. I had explained to them we were moving to the country and that was the only reason for resigning. The hard part now will be telling all my elderly clients that I am leaving and they will have someone new to come and help them in their homes. A lot of elderly don't like change, but unfortunately I am looking forward to a change in lifestyle for myself, so hopefully they will understand. Oh well, I had better stop rambling and get off here and fill another box.

6 comments:

  1. Eventually your clients will understand Linley, and will wish you well and hope for a wonderful new chapter for you. Change is difficult at any stage.
    A good ramble is just the thing, with a cup of tea of course - have you filled that box though!?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple more boxes filled Rose, I needed the cuppa before I started

      Delete
  2. I don't think anyone will hold it against you. Even if they do, it's your life!!! I think I loathe moving more than ANYTHING else - so I hope it goes smoothly for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last move Red was about 28 years ago, I had forgotten what it was like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well its all happening in your life at the moment. Is this what they call "A Tree Change" Good luck with your new life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Diane, a Tree Change is for people like us who can't afford a Sea Change. Anywhere on the coast over here is way too expensive. I am looking forward to a new chapter.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you, or better still join my site, and I will visit your blog in return.