Saturday 4 May 2013

CWA Raffle

Yesterday morning HOM (husband of mine)  and I walked into town to get the paper and pick up a prescription from the chemist. The local CWA (Country Womens Association) were selling raffle tickets so I thought , lets support them. The prizes were all garden related.  I bought 2 tickets  and  said to HOM on the way home that I had more chance of winning the raffle than what I would the lotto.  This morning I had a phone call telling me I had won 1st prize, which was a wheelbarrow filled with garden bits and pieces. Spade, rake, fertilizer, gloves, pruners, hose, solar lights etc.  It is ages since I have won anything so I am over the moon about winning this. It will all come in handy as I am trying to whip our garden into shape. I still have my fingers crossed for the lotto tonight, but won't be holding my breath.


8 comments:

  1. What a great windfall, good for you! I have my fingers and toes crossed for tonight too, don't mind sharing with you but I seem to have no luck at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing win for you Linley - considering what you are currently doing! Well done!
    Er...... anything to tell on the lotto ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to tell on the lotto Rose, I have used up my luck

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, I hope the lotto goes well too. It would come in Handy now that you and HOM (love it) are retired. I love that wheelbarrow. Have fun gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent a few hours out in the garden today Diane, yes it really is a snazzy wheelbarrow. I will have to use it now.

      Delete
  4. Well, how nice for you!!! Congratulations...and here's wishing you all the luck in the world to win the lottery tonight. Fingers, ankles, and eyes, crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with everything crossed I still dipped out. Have used my luck.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you, or better still join my site, and I will visit your blog in return.