Sunday 18 August 2013

Harvest Time

I have green vegetable overload. Although I told my neighbours they could help themselves to my garden while I was away, they didn't. I get the impression that they don't like broccoli or silverbeet  too much. I set about picking broccoli, silverbeet and cabbage today.  Some of the broccoli I blanched and then froze for later use. I made spinach and ricotta cheese pastries as well as broccoli and leek soup. It gave me a great sense of achievement to be cooking and using my own produce. There is plenty more to come, time for tomatoes, potatoes, beans and sweet corn to be planted 






 









1 comment:

  1. wow, great produce. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you, or better still join my site, and I will visit your blog in return.