Thursday 24 October 2013

Changing Colours of the Countryside

Summer must be on it's way. The countryside is now taking on a golden hue. The wheat and canola crops are almost ready to start harvesting. Where green and yellow were the dominant colours a few short weeks ago, the crops have grown and turned to their golden brown colours. Very soon the hum of harvesters working day and night will be filling the air. What started out as being a poor year has now , due to good recent rains, being turned around to an above average year for the farmers.


The changing colours of wheat


Canola crop swathed ready for harvesting



Canola in all its glory in August.


Rolled bales of hay already harvested.

Linking with  Rurality Blog Hop #37

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linley, What a great peak into your country :). I love your photos especially the shot from August wow the contrast of the blue sky against the gorgeous yellow, fantastic! Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. I am now your newest follower. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each scene is lovely in its own glory, but my favorite is the last with the harvested/baled hay and the trees... Thank you for coming by to share on Rurality Blog Hop #37! (I'm your newest GFC follower and RSS subscriber...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That canola field is gorgeous and the sky above the baled hay field really makes a lovely rural scene!
    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking very productive; lovely photos Linley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you, or better still join my site, and I will visit your blog in return.