Monday 25 November 2013

Monday Mural

This is an old pic that I found amongst my photo collection. At the time this was taken I had never heard of Monday Murals so I could have had a whole series of them if only I had known and not just these two with hubby posing in front of them. These ones are from Dargaville in New Zealand, representing the early township and gum diggers.  The extremely valuable Kauri gum is found in the northland region of NZ.  You can read more about kauri gum Here



Linking with Monday Mural

7 comments:

  1. They are fabulous pieces of art!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that he tried to become part of the scenes in the murals, I never think of stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great murals, not sure about the poser though

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so well done! The model looks pretty good too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun when you find something relevant in the archives. Looks like someone was having fun this day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some fabulous murals and took us an interesting trip at the same time. Had not heard of gum diggers and enjoyed reading the link you provided. Even though there are many murals you didn't photograph, it looks like there's always more to find. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you, or better still join my site, and I will visit your blog in return.